I cast on last night for V2 of Wicked. My mum liked my first Wicked so much, that she asked for me to make her one! She tried mine on, and she looked fabulous - she's asked me to remove the waist shaping, which I don't think is a terribly good move, but I'll do it at her behest anyway. Anyway, I'm using more Patons Jet - in teal, and so far it's looking nice - I'm up to about set 6 of the raglan increases - I'm sincerely hoping that 10 balls will be enough, because that's all there is!
Other new projects include a vest which I cast on for last week. I was keen to do the Astrakan Vest from the latest yarn magazine, but changed my mind when I decided I wanted to knit it in the round. So I am winging it - how hard can it be? (famous last words...) I'm doing a centre cabled panel up the front (18 stitches wide) - I'm using some of the charts from the hood section of Rogue as inspiration. I'm working at about 14 stitches per 10cm using 2 strands of 8 ply Wilabaa - it's going to be very thick, and very dense, very warm and probably very stiff - in fact I'm probably not going to like it at all. I'm guessing that this is why I have hidden it in the bottom of my knitting bag.
Another project which I haven't actually started, but am eager to, is "A Cardigan for Arwen". I've decided that I don't need anymore winter woolies (this year at least), but my sister does! So she is going to be the lucky recipient of this one. I've ordered some Cleckheaton Merino Supreme in light grey from Tapestry Craft and hope to have this one on the needles very soon!