Saturday, September 29, 2007

Julietish...

I still can't claim to be totally finished with this, as it's still missing buttons, but after a fruitless search at Spotlight and Lincraft, I decided to call it finished enough to blog about! I'm trying to decide whether to brave the frosty chill of the LYS in my search, or whether I simply recruit the best button hustler in town Dyelicious Kelly to track me down some!

I've also come to the startling realisation that my little girl, is really not so little anymore. The actual Zephyr pattern starts as small as a 28 inch bust, and my darling daughter is currently 26 inch! So I could nearly have knit straight from the pattern, had I actually decided to buy it.

Anyway, this little jacket-thing is knit in Cascade Sierra in 'Meadow' colour. Knit on 4.5mm needles to a gauge of 20 stitches per 10cm. Knit from September 8th to September 28th, with really only 3 decent blocks of knitting required in that time. I must admit to thinking that the lace part would never end, and it was this part too, that contributed to the realisation that knitting for my daughter, is now not too far removed from knitting for an adult!
The last picture shows how particularly 'square' this knit is. I didn't increase anywhere near as much as the Zephyr pattern shows, but I'm glad I didn't because I can't imagine spending anymore time working on that bloody lace!

6 comments:

Tangled Yarns said...

pmsl! You crack me up Sam!! Button Hustler!!!! Guess I have been called worse things ;)

More than happy to have a look for some buttons for you (need to fill a few empy holes in my button stash anyway) - what sort of thing are you looking for?

Looks adorable, love the colour :D

Sam said...

hehe glad you like ;) I'll email you later if i don't find any in my travels in the next couple of days!

Rachael said...

Oh I love the colour and it looks very sweet.

I hear you on the lace (hence while mine sits, unfinished!)

Ann said...

It looks lovely! Finding the right buttons is always a hassel - what about some knitted buttons?

Tangled Yarns said...

No probs, drop me a line if you get stuck :)

NeveMaggie said...

Looks great.

Know what you mean about girls growing up , didn't realise that pattern started so small, might have to ask Morgan if she wasn't one.