Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stripes, stripes everywhere!

I am into stripes in a big way at the moment. Not just any stripes either. I'm currently in love with the way self striping yarn can be manually striped, to produce a beautiful array of multicoloured stripes. The first example I ever saw of this clever technique was Brooklyn Tweed's Noro scarf.

For my version of this scarf, I decided on two much more subtle Noro colours, and I'm loving the result. I'm determined to get to the end of the 4 balls of Silk Garden I have, although it is already well over my height in length. I don't think I'm going to get to Dr. Who length, but hopefully it will be long enough to wrap my neck twice. I do have a progress pic, but I won't share it, as I'm sure this will be finished by tomorrow, and I can share the finished product.

What I can share today is my finished Seamless Kimono Sweater designed by Jacki, with of course, stripes. This yarn (Cleckheaton Vintage Hues)doesn't come in subtle colours, which is ok, because I love bright colours on babies.
This was destined for a new baby due in July, but due to the 12 ply yarn I used in lieu of the 8 ply the pattern called for, it is a fair bit larger than newborn size. Oh well, I'm sure it will be appreciated by the recipient anyway, even if it isn't worn until next winter!

5 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

I love the stripes as well. Very bright...love children in bright clothes.

Rachael said...

It's gorgeous Sam! Love the colours...but I'm not presuming anything LOL :P.

Sam said...

lol Rach - your presumption is correct, just have a couple more things to add to package before it comes your way :D

Jack said...

You will love it Rach. ;) Well assuming that it is for you....

Ann said...

It's gorgeous & I love th colors & the stripes - great for kids so we can't lose them.