Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sprial Squarecase Socks..

Excuse the silly name, but I'm knocked out on pain meds at the moment due to this stinking headache, and things are a bit fuzzy. Anyhoo, these socks knit up incredibly quickly, I started them on Friday last week, so 5 days or so. They're knit over 64 stitches on 2.75mm needles in patonyle, and the pattern is a simple 4 stitch x 4 row repeat with each successive row of colour offset 2 stitches from the start of round. On the second sock the 2 stitches are set after the beginning of round, meaning that each pattern spirals in opposite directions, they look very cool on! The heel is short row and the toe is wedge. The rainbow striped patonyle was given to me as part of a Woolaholics Swap, and the majority of the skein was used on Amber's Rainbow Marigold Socks, and I still have leftovers! I just realised I never blogged about the finished Marigold Socks so here they are too! Finished in January, and wearing well.
In other knitting news, Lizard Ridge is progressing slowly. Now that I have those socks out of my system, I should be able to get back to finishing it. It hasn't been without it's issues, and when it's finished I'll bore the blog with all the details.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black and the rainbow is such an effective combination

sweetp said...

GOrgeous socks. One day I will give socks a go...you've inspired me :)

Ann said...

Love the socks especially the spiral one! Sock knitting is just so much more satisfying as a pair can be knitted up very quickly.

lindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lindy said...

Sam have I told you lately how much I LOVE those socks?! They remind me of the licorice allsort longies :-) x

Sam said...

thanks everyone! Yes there is something to be said about the contrast of black against colour isn't there?