Saturday, July 12, 2008

Frog a friend!

Rippit Rippit! Another Woolaholics challenge! This one was designed to get us motivated to clear out those horrid old WIPS that may have been lurking in the back of the closet for many moons. I had a major frogging session about a month ago where I frogged several LONG outstanding knits that were never going to be completed, so I had to look for some more recent WIPs to chose from, and this is the one I chose: "Mossy"

It was originally intentioned for Rach's new baby, and was being knit in Moda Vera Mousse (soy/wool blend) and Lincraft Prism (soy/wool blend again). As much as I love the finished sweater (and this one by Dyelicious Kelly sold me on the yarn/pattern combo), I really disliked knitting with the yarn - it was very splitty, and not enjoyable at all.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the yarn now. My experience with Karaoke should have taught me a lesson about soysilk! And I'm tagging Hollie (the blogless?) aka Jemsmum for a good ol' froggin' ;)

1 comment:

Ann said...

What a shame that you had to frog. I also bought 10 balls of the same yarn for a vest & I hope I can manage the splitting. Ouch!