Monday, November 27, 2006

hit a snag

Well the cardy is sooo nearly ready for seaming up, but I have hit a snag with the sleeves. I'm definitely no expert, but the pattern in the mag seems a bit umm.. dodgy? I've posted across a couple of boards to get some advice on how to read it, but apart from some comments on how it's written badly and is contradictory and unclear, no-one can tell me exactly what it should say! Creative Knitting haven't updated their website either, and some rumours suggest there may not be a next issue.. hence the 'snag'!

The sleeve pattern seems simple and is knit flat. I've increased 2 stitches every 6 rows and now currently have 60 stitches on the needle. My next instruction, according to the pattern, is:

"cast off 2 sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows until 30 sts rem, then every row until 20sts rem. Cast off."


There's lots of stuff wrong with this sentence, and I just can't get my head around it. I can't imagine have step cast off for the decreases, and it doesn't match the back or front shaping either.. So if any lurking geniuses can interpret please let me know!

No comments: