Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm in LOVE!

With this pattern! It quite frankly scares me though.. The skillset is listed as 'experienced' with advanced cables. Well I'm not experienced. And I've done cables, but not 'advanced cables'.. BUT.. I'm gonna give it a go anyway! What's the worst that can happen? I'll have a lot of expensive aran weight yarn without a project, and perhaps a few less brain cells? So I'm gonna do it! I've bought the pattern, and now will have to wait FOR-EV-ER for funds to clear. At least now life has a purpose again :P


So in the interim, I've started a jumper. It's being knit with 2 strands of Utiku "gem" colourway on 6mm needles and the pattern I'm using is a very very basic round neck pullover designed for 12ply. Well my gauge is out so I decided to knit the size 2 and hope that it would fit a size 4 or 5, and according to my calculations, it should... BUT it is turning out HUGE.. absolutely humungous - I'm hoping this is an illusion though, and that once it's finished it will fit (eventually)

2 comments:

Ali said...

Oh Sam, that is friggin bootiful. But the pattern link won't work.

I'd love to knit that one with you......... for my sis anyways

Sam said...

oopsy! thanks Ali.. i fixed it :) I am in love with the way this knits up as a cardi too..