Saturday, February 03, 2007

The hood is done!


wow that was a marathon effort! The hood seemed to take FOREVER! And I feel like I can officially say that I am now half way there! I finished the hood graft this morning, and I am so proud of myself. I've never really understood grafting - I can do stockinette grafting of course, but I've always done it by rote. After grafting cables together, I can honestly say that I understand the process a little more now :) I now have 15 live stitches from the back of the hood that I have to graft to the cabled band - I'm not sure how I'll do this - I feel a google search coming up!
I'm loving the fit on this jumper, it has a real nice shape to it - I hope that I love it as much once the arms are in.
More photos of progress can be found here

4 comments:

Jack said...

Looking great Sam! I never realised how much work was in that hood, the photos you showed didn't look that intricate. Good work grasshopper!

Baa Bum Mum said...

OMG that looks amazing..no wonder you've been missing ! what a monster, you look like an extra from lord of the rings :P

Tania said...

It's looking fantastic - what an effort on the hood, and those cables - in awe :o

Bec said...

WOW! That looks sensational!