Monday, March 26, 2007

What a weekend!

So I didn't keep my promise to myself of having the bolero done.. but I think I have some very good excuses why.

Firstly, Patrick was sick on Saturday night, throwing up until the wee-small hours - with hubby away on a boys weekend, it was just me holding the fort, so inevitably I had ALL the children up with me while I tended to Patrick.. the poor little mite was fine the next day, but we were all tired and grumpy. Secondly, we ended up having our second ambulance ride last night, when Max had another febrile convulsion. He'd been a bit feverish all day, and I assumed he'd got the same bug that Patrick had the previous night, and being aware that having already had a convulsion and it was potentially going to happen again, it wasn't too much of a surprise to see him collapse over his drink of milk in the loungeroom. Horrible as it was, especially *seeing* the whole thing happen, I was much calmer and more composed this time.. poor Bruce was quite a mess though - especially because he was hung-over from his previous nights partying. So the verdict was, that Max has tonsilitis which caused the fever, which caused the convulsion, and that having had 2 febrile convulsions now, it's likely that he will have more before he grows out of them :(

And just to add to the drama this morning, I closed the car boot on Max's fingers. Nothing broken, just sore and bruised. To prove that he is still ok, I took these pics just now :P

So here is the unfinished bolero waiting patiently to be finished.. one day, one day...

4 comments:

Jack said...

You poor thing, what a weekend! My little Maxi Moo looks like he has recovered okay. Has Mummy?

Sam said...

hehe...yep I'm ok now - I'll need a big glass of red tomorrow night though!

susieq78 said...

Oh poor Max. Is he feeling better now? I agree with Jacki most of the times it takes Mums more time to recover than the kids. Hope all is well in the household now.

Joh T said...

my jade has had heaps of febrile convulsions too, scary stuff:(