Monday, July 30, 2007

JS Quick Knit Jacket


Finally finished, and being express posted today for my sisters birthday TOMORROW! I honestly am not sure what I think of this piece. The yarn is gorgeous of course, but after hearing about it's propensity to stretch, I'm a tad nervous that a muggle isn't going to be able to look after it. It's not a great shape either - actually it's probably more user error than anything, that the shoulders are a bit 'puffy'. Anyhoo, it's done and it's something I won't have to worry about once it's left my care.

Pattern from Jo Sharp Knit 3, knit with 2 strands of Silkroad DK tweed in 'autumn' colour on 8mm needles (i think?). My only mod was to make the RS out.. i don't like the look of ws out (and yes that is a rosewood dpn holding it together until I can rush down to the LYS to buy a proper pin!)

6 comments:

lucretia said...

That looks great, the colour is gorgeous! I can't see any shoulder puffiness.

I think the wool should be fine. The style is fairly forgiving and if it gets a bit longer it would still look good.

I'm making one of these atm and mine will be right side out as well... I just can't do the purl side, it looks wrong. How did you get yours to stop rolling in? I was thinking of doing an applied icord on the edges.

Rachael said...

Looks great from here Sam! Sure she'll love it!

Ann said...

It looks great - actually both sides look just as good. Don't worry about the stretching as it doesn't - I have seen my recipient wearing it for the past few weeks & it still look good. Great job!

Tangled Yarns said...

Looks fantastic Sam! I'm sure it will be much loved.

Bec said...

Well done! :) I am sure your sister will love it :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love the colour!!
I thought the DPN was a really long fancy shawl pin LOL!!!