Saturday, September 20, 2008

Surprising Baby Jacket

Done! And it was fun AND surprising. It was amazing to see how the knitted blob of fabric turned into this little jacket with some clever folding. This is definitely one I'd love to make again.

I'm not sure what the attraction to baby knits is at the moment, but I'm really feeling the pull towards teeny-tiny little cardigans. NO, I'm not pregnant, and nor do I really know anyone who is either, yet I've just cast on another newborn jacket using Jack's seamless kimono pattern. Ah well, I'm sure I'll find a home for these!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely colours, can't wait to try this pattern and it's a relief to hear it's not as confusing as what I have read.

Sure you're not clucky? ;)

Rachael said...

Gorgeous work Sam!

I'm even doing some baby knitting of my own ;).

dash robin said...

Wow, I love this, its really effective with the colours you have chosen too...hmm, but are you sure there aint no lil nephew or niecey on the way??

Sam said...

hehe.. not clucky and no surprise new nieces or nephews from this branch of the clan ;)

Ann said...

It's so lovely. Well, it's good to have a stash of ready gifts. This pattern is on my list too but I have to find a baby to knit for.