Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The rest of the vests


As promised, here are the rest of the vests! The first is knit in Jo Sharp Classic 8 ply and the pattern is Ms. Marigold. Long time readers might remember that way back in 2007 I made this same vest in the same yarn. Jacki did also! After we'd finished, we swapped our leftovers and obviously the leftovers marinated for years in my stash. With the current vest-mania going on around here, I dug out the ol' Jo Sharp and remember how lovely it worked up into Ms. Marigold and being the unimaginative sort, I decided that it could be another one! I'm very happy with it, and it does work up so very quickly.

My other vest is not quite ready yet. Actually all the knitting is done and it nearly looks done until you look on the inside and see how many ends I need to weave in.
I'm sorry that I didn't add waist shaping to this, it's a little bit boxy, but I'm sure I'll still wear it proudly. In-action photos still to come!


4 comments:

dash robin said...

Gorgeous!!

Ann said...

Lovely vests. I knitted a fair isle vest once & after sewing in all the ends, I decided that I will not knit one again.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Emalina said...

nice!