Well one day finally came, and I finished seaming up and knitting the cuffs on Amber's bolero. It really hasn't been that long, only about 6 weeks, but I was on a roll after seaming the CPH, so decided to continue! It's fairly huge on her, but definitely wearable, and I think that it just runs to a big width, because I followed the sleeve directions exactly and they are a perfect length.
So I guess all up, this took from mid March, to mid May, so around 2 months. The actual knitting took less than a week. I used patons Jet in Chartreuse, about 9 balls I think! Much more than I anticipated. I was hoping to get 2 projects out of the 13 balls I bought on sale, but with only 4 balls left, the second project will have to be something small! Actually, it leaves me nervous that the 10 balls of teal Jet, that I put aside for Mum's Wicked, is not going to be enough. I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I can't remember what size needles I used either - I was hoping to save myself a swatch, but since it was over a month ago since I knitted this, I have totally forgotten whether I used 5 or 5.5mm's.
Anyway, Amber's verdict, is that it's nice but scratchy. She WILL wear it. Oh yes... she will wear it and she will like it.