Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I found my mojo....

... in a skein of Noro Silkgarden! That bloody cotton! horrid stuff! I'll return to my two cotton projects soon enough, but oh my! Why didn't anyone tell me how divine this silkgarden is! It's been in my stash for about a year I reckon, and if I had of known how gorgeous it is to knit with, I would have been all over it! So I've been sitting here knitting my Noro for the past few hours, and I am totally in love. And no, you cannot know what it is - sorry.

Here, look at some socks instead.

The feet are Patrick's. The yarn is the lion brand magic stripes I picked up at Spotlight for $4.95 last week - I made NO attempt to try and match stripes - I just couldn't be bothered! The pattern is Priscilla's Dream Socks from Favourite Socks. They're top down with a short row heel and toe, with a zigzag bind off on top of the toes - you can see the bind-off ridge on Paddy's right foot in red. He loves them, he says they're very comfortable :)

3 comments:

Tangled Yarns said...

Love the socks :D
Yarn??
Pattern???

You know you can't post something with out me wanting to know the details!!! LOL

Isn't silk garden just devine?? I've picked up my scarf again this week (another UFO) and I'm loving it.

Geee - now I'm all curious!!! That's just not fair teasing like that! :p

Ann said...

The socks look great on Patrick & nice colors. Good that Patrick find them comfortable - this is the key concern for my girls when I knit for them - will it be comfortable?

Kat said...

oh the socks are waaaay cool ! love them!